Marquette Business partners with shipping supply specialist Uline
July 27, 2012
The Marquette University College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management today announced a formal corporate partnership with Uline—The Shipping Supply Specialists, the leading distributor of shipping, industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. The Uline relationship represents the college’s first endeavor to integrate a corporate relationship into multiple programs under its new vision of corporate partnership.
The agreement with the family-owned Pleasant Prairie, Wis.-based firm includes scholarships, other targeted financial support, recruiting opportunities, classroom integration and a focused partnership with the college’s Center for Supply Chain Management.
“The key to providing value to our students is to offer them applied learning experiences so they can combine theory and practice and learn from industry leaders,” says Linda Salchenberger, Keyes Dean of Business Administration. “Through Uline’s generous support and by working closely with them, we’re bringing business into the classroom and also giving our students invaluable exposure to career opportunities.”
“From our experience, the values and work ethic that we see from Marquette students are closely aligned with Uline’s core principles and we are pleased to be able to help support the development of those fundamentals,” says Brian Uihlein, Vice President of Merchandising. “We are looking forward to getting more involved with Marquette on many levels in the years to come.”
- A new Uline Scholarship will go to four junior or senior students this year. Recipients will be announced in December 2012.
- Uline will provide financial support to the college’s Center for Supply Chain Management and Business Career Center.
- Uline’s corporate recruiting supervisor will serve on the college’s Business Career Center board.
- Uline executives will give classroom presentations each semester in supply chain management, accounting, marketing and finance.
- Uline recruiters will be on campus regularly and participate in a variety of career fairs and networking events throughout the year.