308 David Straz HallMilwaukee WI United States of America (414) 288-8069 firstname.lastname@example.org Curriculum Vitae ePublications
Associate Professor of Accounting
Dr. Ling joined Marquette University in 2007. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Beijing Technology and Business University and her doctoral degree from Oklahoma State University. She worked for Occidental Eastern Inc. (A subsidiary of Occidental Oil and Gas Corp.) and Beijing Ericsson Communication Systems Co. Ltd before she went back to graduate school. She is an inactive CPA in China.
Dr. Ling has presented papers at various American Accounting Association conferences and the International Business & Economics Research Conference. She has published in refereed journals. She has also served as a manuscript referee for an academic journal and has been a reviewer/discussant for various academic conferences.
- Ph.D., Business Administration, Accounting, Oklahoma State University.
- B.Sc., Accounting, Beijing Technology and Business University, China.
Disclosure of financial and non-financial information, corporate governance, financial reporting issues related to not-for-profit organizations, and the role of information intermediary
- Q. Ling. Forthcoming. “Ex Ante Severance Agreements and Timely Disclosure of Bad News.” Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance.
- Eng, L.L. and Q. Ling. Forthcoming. “Disclosure and cross-listing: evidence from Asia-Pacific firms” (was titled “The Impact of Firm Disclosure Quality on Cross-Listing Choices”). International Journal of Accounting and Information Management.
- Ling, Q., and M. Akers. 2010. “An Examination of Underreporting of Time and Premature Sign-offs by Internal Auditors.” Review of Business Information Systems, Vol. 14 (4)
- Ling, Q., D. Giacomino, M. Browne, and M. Akers. 2009. “An Examination of the Use of the Board Balanced Scorecard by Large Public Corporations.” Review of Business Information Systems, Vol. 13 (2).
Awards, Honors, & Certifications
- American Accounting Association Government and Nonprofit Section Annual Meeting Outstanding Research Paper Award, 2011
- The 2010 Real Numbers Award recipient sponsored by Jean Cunningham Consulting
- Faculty-Student scholarship to the 3rd Annual Lean Accounting Summit sponsored by the Association of Manufacturing Excellence (AME) along with the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- American Accounting Association’s Deloitte-J Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellowship
- William S. Spears School of Business Distinguished Fellowship
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholarship
- Inactive Certified Public Accountant (China)
- Beijing Ericsson Communication Systems Co. Ltd., Beijing, China.
- Occidental Eastern Inc. (A subsidiary of Occidental Oil and Gas Corp.), Beijing, China.