585 David Straz HallMilwaukee WI United States of America (414) 288-6466 email@example.com Curriculum Vitae
Adjunct Instructor of Business
Mr. Walsh joined Marquette University in 2015 and is pursuing a Ph.D. in Management Science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. His area of specialization is Strategic Management with a minor in International Business. Kevin earned his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (with a minor in Mathematics) from Marquette University. He received his Master of Business Administration from Marquette as well.
Prior to his doctoral studies, Kevin spent 20 years working for AT&T. He held various management positions of increasing responsibilities – most of which were centered in customer care operations. Kevin spent over ten years as a Director leading organizations as large as 500 employees. His primary responsibilities can be divided into two general categories: staff support and service center operations management. These positions allowed Kevin to lead numerous projects that resulted in millions of dollars in savings and improvements. Additionally, he led efforts to ensure regulatory compliance, improve cash flow, reduce accounts receivable, and improve customer experience.
Kevin has taught courses in the areas of Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship and International Business. Central to his teaching approach is a desire to instill high ethical standards while stressing accountability and the value of supporting one’s claims with clear evidence and logic. His areas of research interest include: Innovation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Organizational Decline, Downsizing and International Management.
Kevin is a registered Professional Engineer in the state of Wisconsin and volunteers at his parish and children’s school.
- Candidate for Ph.D. Management Science, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Anticipated Completion: 2016)
- MBA Business Administration, Marquette University (1997)
- BSEE Electrical Engineering (Minor: Mathematics) Marquette University (1991)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Top Management Teams
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Organizational Decline and Downsizing
Awards, Honors, & Certifications
- Five-time winner of the UWM Gold Star Award for Teaching Excellence
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Wisconsin
- AT&T Wholesale President’s Award
- Marquette University Honors Program
- Director – Customer Care
- Director – Process Design and Implementation
- Director – Customer Service
- Director – Local Service Center Technical Support