377 David Straz HallMilwaukee WI United States of America (414) 288-3995 email@example.com Curriculum Vitae
Director of the Center for Supply Chain Management, Assistant Professor of Practice
Dr. Fisher joined the Department of Management as assistant professor of supply chain management and Director of the Center for Supply Chain Management in 2008. He brings three decades of experience in the logistics field to the college and the center. Dr. Fisher earned his undergraduate degree in mathematics from the University of Kansas and an MBA and DBA in management/transportation/quantitative analysis from Indiana University.
Dr. Fisher has held executive positions in the air cargo, LTL, non asset-based forwarding and logistics-software industries. His range of positions includes assistant general manager, vice president-marketing, vice president-corporate development, vice president-international, and president. He has addressed fundamental revenue-facing activities, troubled-business turn-arounds, and businesses facing strategic change in their markets. In addition, he taught logistics and global trade management at Auburn University.
- DBA, Indiana University, 1978
- MBA, Indiana University, 1974
- B.A., University of Kansas, 1972
- Logistics management
- Transportation management
- Supply chain management
Awards, Honors, & Certifications
- Past member: Board of Directors, ISM-MKE
- President’s Award: ISM-MKE, 2009
- Cascade Consulting Partners – Management consultancy specializing in the application of revenue management in the freight transportation industry.
2002 to the present: Partner
- Manugistics, Inc. – Commercial provider of Supply Chain and Revenue & Price Optimization software.
2001 to 2002: Vice President – Strategic Consulting Services, Director – Business Development
- SurfAir, Inc. – Privately-held provider of non-asset-based freight transportation services.
1998 – 2001: President/CEO
- Yellow Freight System, Inc. – Provider of surface freight transportation services.
1983 to 1997: Vice President – International Operations, Vice President – Corporate Development, Vice President – Marketing, Director – Marketing
- Emery Worldwide Corporation, Inc. – Provider of air freight transportation services.
1978 – 1983: Director – Planning & Budgeting, Assistant General Manager
- Continental Can Corporation, Inc. – Manufacturer of metal packing worldwide.
1977 – 1978: Manager – Business Planning, Assistant to the Vice President
Past member – Board of Directors, ISM-MKE
Member - Airport Area Economic Development Task Force (“Gateway”) - Milwaukee
Member - Purchasing Executives Forum (Milwaukee)
Member – the S/V Denis Sullivan Marine Committee
Faculty – Auburn University, College of Business, Department of Logistics (2006-2008)
Advisory Board – Clayton College and State University School of Business
Member – Peachtree City Airport Authority
Member – Congressman Westmoreland’s Transportation and Aviation Advisory Council
Advisor – Logistics Value Stream Fund
Past President – Air Forwarders Association
Member – Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals
Member – Indiana University International Business Forum
Learned societies/associations: Beta Gamma Sigma; Delta Nu Alpha; Sigma Iota Epsilon