234 David Straz HallMilwaukee WI United States of America (414) 288-1458 email@example.com Curriculum Vitae ePublications
Associate Professor of Management
Dr. O’Neill joined Marquette University in 2000, after receiving her Ph.D. in Management Science from UW-Milwaukee. Bonnie has 20+ years of management and HR experience in the public sector, healthcare and the legal field. She has done research with organizations of various sizes, including, Rexnord, ABB and Blood Center of Southeastern Wisconsin. Her current research examines the comparisons individuals make in the workplace, employees’ perceptions of their employment contracts (i.e., psychological contracts), issues of justice and fairness in the workplace, knowledge sharing/management, and workplace climate perceptions and attitudes. Bonnie is a member of the APA, SIOP, SHRM, and the Academy of Management. Her research has been published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, the Journal of Managerial Issues, the Journal of Managerial Psychology, the Journal of Leadership and Organizational Studies and the Journal of Nursing Administration.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Ph.D., Management Science, 2000
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, M.S., Management, 1996
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, B.B.A., Management, 1994
Equity theory and social comparison processes, with particular interest in referent selection, organizational justice, self-efficacy, organizational climate, and individual differences; psychological contracts in organizations; human resource management; knowledge sharing/management.
O’Neill, B.S. & Adya, M. (2007). Knowledge sharing and the psychological contract: Managing knowledge workers across different stages of employment. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 22(4), 411-436.
O’Neill, B.S., Halbesleben, J.R.B. & Edwards, J.C. (2007). Integrating employment contracts and comparisons: What one can teach us about the other. Journal of Managerial Issues, 19(2), 161-185.
O’Neill, B.S. & Mone, M.A. (2005). Psychological influences on referent choice. Journal of Managerial Issues, 17(3), 273-292.
O’Neill, B.S. & Mone, M.A. (1998). Investigating equity sensitivity as a moderator of relations between self-efficacy and workplace attitudes. Journal of Applied Psychology, 83(5), 805-816.
Awards, Honors, & Certifications
- Outstanding Reviewer Award – Organizational Behavior Division, 2005 Academy of Management
- Outstanding Reviewer Award - Management Education & Development Division, 1999 Academy of Management
- Who Counts: Math Across the Curriculum for Global Learning Grant, 2009, Marquette University
- Helen Way Klingler Summer Research Award, 2005, Marquette University
- Summer Research Grant, 2004, Marquette University
- Dissertation Scholarship, 1998 Summer & Academic Year , UW-Milwaukee