426 David Straz HallMilwaukee WI United States of America (414) 288-8052 firstname.lastname@example.org Curriculum Vitae
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Marketing
Dr. Milovic joined Marquette University in 2014 after completing a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. In addition to his teaching responsibilities, he will be developing a Sales Program in the Marketing Department which will combine cutting edge sales curriculum with practical hands-on experience. The goal of the program is to prepare students for careers in selling in the B2B and B2C sectors and give them the background and training to excel in sales-based careers.
Dr. Milovic earned a BS in Marketing from Towson University, a BS in Management Information Systems from UNC-Charlotte, and an MBA in Marketing Strategy from DePaul University. Prior to beginning his doctoral studies, he spent eight years in various sales, marketing, and IT roles for Black and Decker, Weaver Partners, and Goldman Sachs.
His primary research interests involve exploring persuasion and psychology from both a consumer and sales practitioner standpoint. His published research explores the role envy plays in persuading and influencing sales encounters and intent to purchase. His research also focuses on issues dealing with personal selling, sales management, relationship selling, marketing education, and consumer behavior.
- Ph.D. Marketing, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (2014)
- MBA Marketing and Strategy, Execution, and Valuation, DePaul University (2010)
- BS Management Information Systems, University of North Carolina-Charlotte (2005)
- BS Marketing, Towson University (1999)
Personal Selling, Sales Management, Relationship Selling, Marketing Education, Consumer Behavior
Milovic, Alex & Rebecca Dingus (2014), “Everyone Loves a Winner…or Do They? Introducing Envy into the Sales Contest to Increase Salesperson Motivation,” American Journal of Management (forthcoming).
Awards, Honors, & Certifications
- Three-time winner of the UWM Gold Star Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2013 AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow Nominee
- Best in Track Paper Award (Sales and Sales Management), for “Everyone Loves a Winner…or Do They? Introducing Envy into the Sales Contest to Increase Salesperson Motivation” with Rebecca Dingus, Marketing Management Association Spring Conference (2014)
- Earned Certification in Online and Blended Teaching through UWM Learning and Technology Center (2014)
- Recruiting Consultant, Weaver Partners, 2007-2008
- Senior Analyst, Goldman Sachs Group, 2005-2007
- Territory Manager, Black and Decker Corporation, 2000-2003