Real Estate Learning Outcomes
As one of many methods of assuring that the goals of our educational mission are successfully met, the college regularly and systematically engages in the assessment of a variety of competencies. As part of this assurance of learning, each program defines and collects data on learning goals; statements of the knowledge, skills and attitudes that we want our graduates to possess. We use them for continuous improvement and they are the criteria on which organizations such as AACSB evaluate our accreditation. The following is the current Learning Goal for the Real Estate Major along with the goals for the Undergraduate Business Core.
- Perform an applied real estate analysis in a business situation
Below are the specific learning outcomes assessed to help determine if students meet the above outcome.
- Apply concept of real estate development feasibility.
- Apply mortgage finance evaluation tools.
- Apply the concept of property valuation and appraisal.
- Apply concept of real estate analysis to case study.
Undergraduate Business Core Learning Goals
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills to business situations.
- Analyze the global business environment.
- Analyze the local business environment.
- Use critical thinking skills in business situations.
- Apply an ethical understanding and perspective to business situations.