Marketing Learning Outcomes
As one of many methods of assuring that the goals of our educational mission are successfully met, the college regularly and systematically engages in the assessment of a variety of competencies. As part of this assurance of learning, each program defines and collects data on learning goals; statements of the knowledge, skills and attitudes that we want our graduates to possess. We use them for continuous improvement and they are the criteria on which organizations such as AACSB evaluate our accreditation. The following are the current Learning Goals for the Marketing Major along with the goals for the Undergraduate Business Core.
- Identify strategic marketing problems
- Make recommendations on solving these strategic marketing problems
Below are the specific learning outcomes assessed to help determine if students meet the above outcome.
For the goal - - Identify strategic marketing problems:
- Identify marketing problems or opportunities facing an organization
For the goal - - Make recommendations on solving those strategic marketing problems:
- Analyze marketing problems or opportunities facing an organization
- Solve marketing problems using qualitative analysis
- Solve marketing problems using quantitative analysis
Undergraduate Business Core Learning Goals
- Apply effective written and oral communication skills to business situations.
- Analyze the global business environment.
- Analyze the local business environment.
- Use critical thinking skills in business situations.
- Apply an ethical understanding and perspective to business situations.