- Considering a marketing major?
- Undergraduate major requirements
- Graduate specializations in marketing
- Student organization – Marquette-ing Club
One of the most popular undergraduate majors at Marquette University and in the College of Business Administration, the marketing program combines an innovative curriculum rooted in marketing theory with applied learning experiences such as research projects, internships and study abroad sessions to create experiences that give students a competitive advantage. Marketing majors are prepared to identify marketing opportunities, create strategies and put plans to work.
The Marketing Department offers a specialization in marketing as part of the Master of Business Administration program, as well as a specialization in marketing research as part of the Master of Science in Applied Economics, both offered through our Graduate School of Management.
The department also offers a minor that provides basic concepts in marketing to students from majors outside of the College of Business Administration.
- Graduates are recruited by leading employers in the region and the nation, including Kohl’s Department Stores, Harley-Davidson, the Kohler Company, Bon Ton, Direct Supply, the Milwaukee Brewers and more.
- Marketing faculty members are recipients of university teaching awards, directors of nonprofit and business association boards, endowed chair holders, editorial board members of academic journals, and practitioners and leading researchers on a wide variety of marketing and public policy issues.
- The Marketing Department organizes an annual roundtable that brings students and high-level marketing executives from various industries together for a one-day discussion on trends and marketing strategies.
Marketing is one of the most popular specializations in our top-ranked, part-time MBA program. The specialization requires 12 credits specifically in marketing.