Information Technology Minor
To complete the requirements for a minor in Information Technology, students need to complete 21 credits as specified below (a grade of C or better must be earned in each course):
Specific Information Technology Requirements
- BUAD 2100 (Accounting & Finance Fundamentals for non-business majors) -or- ACCO 1030 (Financial Accounting) 3 credits
- ECON 1001 (Intro to Econ) -or- 1103 (Principles of Microeconomics)* 3 credits
- Statistics - see A below - 3 credits
- INTE 3001 (Introduction to Information Technology) 3 credits
- INTE 4052 (Database Management Systems) 3 credits
- INTE 4158 (Systems Analysis and Design) 3 credits
- Select one elective from:
- INTE 4051 (Business Applications Development) 3 credits
- INTE 4053 (Project Management) 3 credits
- INTE 4054 (Emerging Technologies) 3 credits
- INTE 4055 (Web-based applications) 3 credits
- INTE 4056 (Information Technology Governance) 3 credits
- INTE 4031 (Topics in IT) 3 credits
- INTE 4540 (Global Technology Experience) 3 credits
- INTE 4953 (Seminar in IT) 3 credits
All courses for the Information Technology minor must be taken at Marquette; the Assistant Dean of the College of Business Administration must approve any transfer of credits.
* Signifies the course is satisfies the Individual and Social Behavior requirement in the University Core of Common Studies.
A MATH 1700, MATH 4720, MANA 2028, PSYC 2001, BUAD 1560, or SOCI 2060.