Information Systems Minor
To complete the requirements for a minor in Information Systems, students need to complete 21 credits as specified below (a grade of C or better must be earned in each course):
Specific Information Systems Requirements
- BUAD 2100 (Accounting & Finance Fundamentals for non-business majors) -or- ACCO 1030 (Financial Accounting) 3 credits
- ECON 1001 (Intro to Econ) -or- 1103 (Principles of Microeconomics)* 3 credits
- Statistics - see A below - 3 credits
- INSY 3001 (Introduction to Information Technology) 3 credits
- INSY 4052 (Database Management Systems) 3 credits
- INSY 4158 (Systems Analysis and Design) 3 credits
- Select one elective from:
- INSY 4051 (Business Applications Development) 3 credits
- INSY 4053 (Project Management) 3 credits
- INSY 4054 (Emerging Technologies) 3 credits
- INSY 4055 (Web-based applications) 3 credits
- INSY 4056 (Information Technology Governance) 3 credits
- INSY 4091 (Topics in IT) 3 credits
- INSY 4540 (Global Technology Experience) 3 credits
- INSY 4953 (Seminar in IT) 3 credits
All courses for the Information Technology minor should be taken at Marquette, only one course may transfer from another university. The Assistant Dean of the College of Business Administration must approve any transfer of credits.
* Signifies the course is satisfies the Individual and Social Behavior requirement in the University Core of Common Studies.
A MATH 1700, MATH 4720, PSYC 2001, BUAD 1560, or SOCI 2060.