Information Technology Major
Information delivered quickly and accurately is the key to any successful enterprise. The IT specialist provides the infrastructure for firms to compete strategically by planning, designing, installing and managing the systems used by a firm's functional areas — finance, marketing, human resources management and supply chain management.
- Considering an Information Technology major?
- Informoration Technology Minor requirements
- Marquette University Undergraduate Bulletin
To complete the requirements for a major in Information Technology, students need to complete coursework as specified below:
Specific Information Technology Requirements
- INTE 4051 (Business Applications Development) 3 credits
- INTE 4052 (Database Management Systems) 3 credits
- INTE 4158 (Systems Analysis and Design) 3 credits
- Two courses from the following:
- INTE 4053 (Project Management) 3 credits
- INTE 4054 (Emerging Technologies) 3 credits
- INTE 4055 (Web-based Applications) 3 credits
- INTE 4540 (Global Technology Experience) 3 credits
- INTE 4931 (Topics in Information Technology) 3 credits
- INTE 4953 (Seminar in Information Technology) 3 credits
- Four Business Electives (12 credits)
NOTE: One International Business Course is required (within or outside your major).
Additional business & non-business course requirements
In addition to the requirements for the major, all students in the College of Business Administration complete business core courses, the Marquette University core of common studies, and non-business electives.