International Business advising
International Business Studies faculty and staff are happy to help with your advising and planning questions. Undergraduate students considering the International Business major are encouraged to meet with an advisor early within their time at Marquette University. The Graduate School of Management MBA program also offers an International Business specialization. Graduate students are encouraged to contact Cheryl Nelson, Director of Graduate Student Services, with questions about this specialization.
All students: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 388-3633 to schedule an advising or informational appointment with program director, Doug Smith.
Prior to advising week, if you are an IB major and would like to discuss your IB major curriculum and related matters, you may schedule an appointment with Doug Smith.
For advising weeks in fall or spring, INBU majors will receive an e-mail with a sign-up link for advising meeting times.
Advising Meetings are the First Step - Please bring:
- A printed copy of your current graduation checklist
- If applicable, notes from past advising meetings with International Business advising staff
Forms, Links & Resources
INBU Language Requirements
Specialized International Business Programs
- Marquette Central For help and information on registering for classes
- CheckMarq For access to grades and student information
- Undergraduate Bulletin For in-depth course information
- Undergraduate Business Core
- PREP (Prepare and Review your Educational Plan) Complete PREP prior to your academic advising meeting.
- International Applied Investment Management (IAIM), IB / FINA / IAIM Curriculum Information
College of Business Administration Forms
College Policies and Procedures
- Academic Honesty Policy a discussion of the Marquette University honesty policy
- Academic Attendance Policy and other Attendance Issues
- Academic Grade Appeal Process
- Academic Probation Policy
Requesting Permission Numbers
If you are requesting a permission number for the purpose of completing a class prior to studying abroad, please include this detail within the “Permission to Enroll in a Closed Class” form available on the undergraduate forms website.
If you are requesting permission numbers for courses outside the College of Business Administration, contact the main office in the academic department where you are seeking enrollment.