- Considering a major in international business?
- Undergraduate major requirements
- International Business Student Association
- Study abroad opportunities & advising
The undergraduate international business major prepares future business leaders for the rapidly changing global economy, with a focus on developing skills to effectively navigate language and cultural issues in the business environment. The major requires a second major in one of the functional areas of business, proficiency in a second language, a study abroad experience and coursework in international business.
At the graduate level, students in our top-ranked, part-time MBA program may specialize in international business by completing relevant coursework and participating one of the program’s short-term study abroad opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Applied Investment Management program, international business majors with second majors in finance or accounting may apply to the International Applied Investment Management Program.
- The International Business Studies program hosts an annual forum, featuring a keynote address and panel discussion with some of the most respected global business leaders.
- International Business Studies has a variety of bilateral student exchange programs with partner universities worldwide. We welcome students from our partner universities and provide academic and living guidance in order to facilitate their study as a visiting exchange student at Marquette.
Because of the requirement for our majors to gain firsthand global experience, we have developed a wide range of study abroad opportunities, which are also available to all other business majors. We offer more than 25 study abroad partnerships in 18 countries throughout the world.
Through our partnerships, we ensure that courses taken abroad will directly apply to the student's respective program of study.