Millions of Americans invest in mutual funds and individual stocks — millions more count on the dividends of retirement plans. Corporations raise and invest billions of dollars of capital annually. At the heart of it all are financial professionals, who analyze and maximize the value of investments for individual families as well as multinational firms.
Specific Finance Requirements
- FINA 4001 (Advanced Financial Management) 3 credits
- FINA 4011 (Investment Analysis) 3 credits
- Three courses (with a maximum of one real estate course) from the following:
- FINA 4002 (Commercial Real Estate Finance) 3 credits
- FINA 4020 (Financial Planning) 3 credits
- FINA 4030 (Bank Management) 3 credits
- FINA 4040 (International Finance) 3 credits
- FINA 4060 (Introduction to Financial Derivatives) 3 credits
- FINA 4065 (Fixed Income Securities) 3 credits
- FINA 4070 (Investment Management, Ethics and Society) 3 credits
- FINA 4080 (Entrepreneurial Finance) 3 credits
- FINA 4081 (Investment Banking) 3 credits
- FINA 4082 (Alternative Investments) 3 credits
- FINA 4112 (Investment Management) 3 credits
- FINA 4360 (Applied Financial Modeling) 3 credits
- FINA 4931 (Topics in Finance) 3 credits
- FINA 4953 (Seminar in Finance) 3 credits
- FINA 4986 (Finance Internship) 3 credits
- Four Business Electives (12 credits)
NOTE: One International Business Course is required (within or outside your major).
Additional business & non-business course requirements
In addition to the requirements for the major, all students in the College of Business Administration complete business core courses, the Marquette University core of common studies, and non-business electives.