Accounting is the language of business that allows you to understand and use financial information while working with other business professionals.
Our accounting curriculum is designed to develop skills in analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, and team-building. These skills can be applied to a variety of careers in accounting including public accounting, internal auditing, industry-financial managerial accounting, forensic accounting, governmental accounting, tax-internal revenue service, investment banking, and higher education.
Demand for accountants and opportunities in the accounting profession continue to grow. The accounting profession is one of the few private sector areas where employment increased during the past 10 years and ranks as number four of the five best professions for internships.
Our Accounting Students:
- Understand ethical decision-making through a strong liberal arts, values based curriculum that examines the impact of accounting policies and procedures on the conduct of business and the use of financial information
- Study in an urban environment close to leading accounting firms and businesses: our campus is located in downtown Milwaukee with easy access to Chicago
- Obtain applied learning experiences through internships and part-time employment
- Are employed by top accounting firms and businesses with a job placement rate that exceeds 90%
- Learn from expert faculty members that know and care about their students and have relevant practice experience, professional certifications, and strong relationships with accounting professionals.
- Are service oriented and work on service projects such as tutoring, Hunger Clean-Up and preparing meals for food shelters