Applied Investment Management Program
The AIM program began in 2006 with 12 students and has grown every year since. Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, a second AIM track, Private Equity & Banking, was added. Students may now choose between a focus on Investments or Private Equity & Banking.
Students apply to the AIM programs early in the fall semester of their junior year and notification of acceptance occurs prior to advising week. Acceptance into these programs is limited and based on:
- Overall academic performance (a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required)
- Strong performance in courses relevant to investment management (e.g. finance, accounting, economics, and math)
- An application essay articulating why the student wants to be enrolled in the AIM program and why they should be selected
- Two letters of recommendation
- Experience and career objectives as demonstrated in the resume, letters of recommendation and the interview process