Are you determining where your passions lie within the business world? Are you interested in building a networking relationship with an experienced business professional?
Co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the College of Business Administration, the Mentor Program is an excellent opportunity for students in the junior class to meet one-on-one with an experienced business professional from the Milwaukee or Chicago areas. In 2013-14, more than 300 College of Business Administration students and alumni/supporters participated in this program.
- Invaluable insight into issues like career choice, interviewing skills and career development
- Inside perspectives into your career goals
- Guidance in your career development
- Development of networking skills
- Full-time student enrolled in the College of Business Administration
- Junior status or senior who studied abroad the prior year
- Available to meet monthly from September to April
- Actively participate and initiate scheduling and communication with mentors
- Attend orientation session and complete application process
- Be willing to learn
How to apply
- Complete the Mentor Program Student Application
- Sign up to attend an orientation meeting. Sign-up sheets are available in the lower level of Straz (by the vending machines). Students may turn in completed applications and current (updated) resumes at the orientation meetings. Orientation meeting times:
- Thursday, Sept. 4: 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 4: 2:00-2:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 5: 1:00-1:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 8: 12:00-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 10: 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 11: 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 11, 3:00-3:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 12, 12:30-1:00 p.m.
- Interview: At the orientation sessions, students should sign up to attend an information gathering interview. Fifteen-minute interviews will be held on Monday, September 15 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Mark your calendar to attend these Mentor Program events:
- Kick-off meeting: Wednesday, October 13, 5:30 – 7 p.m., AMU Ballrooms (mandatory)
- Mentor/Protégé Breakfast: Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 7:15-8:30 a.m., AMU Lunda Room
- Wrap-up event: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Union Sports Annex (mandatory)
2013-14 Mentor Program participating companies
American Cancer Society
Archdiocese of Mil.
Arena Event Services, Inc.
BMO Harris Bank
Boyle Fredrickson SC
Briggs & Stratton
Burrall Associates LLC
Cambridge Major Labs.
CG Schmidt, Inc.
Cleary Gull Inc.
Cohen Fund Audit
Deloitte & Touche
Eaton's Cooper Power Systems
Eisen Fox & Company
Ernst & Young
General Capital Mgmt.
Grant Thornton LLP
Johnson Creek Enterprises
JP Morgan Asset Man.
Kohls Department Stores
Loyola University Chicago
McDonnell & Associates
Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.
Michael Best & Friedrich,
NAI MLG Commercial
Promontory Point Capital
Racine County Workforce
Reilly, Penner & Benton
Robert W. Baird
Scribner, Cohen & Co.
Standard Electric Supply
The Private Bank
UBS Financial Services
UMB Fund Services