Are you determining where your passions lie within the business world? Are you interested in building a networking relationship with an experienced business professional?
Co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the College of Business Administration, the Mentor Program is an excellent opportunity for students in the junior class to meet one-on-one with an experienced business professional from the Milwaukee or Chicago areas. In 2013-14, more than 300 College of Business Administration students and alumni/supporters participated in this program.
- Invaluable insight into issues like career choice, interviewing skills and career development
- Inside perspectives into your career goals
- Guidance in your career development
- Development of networking skills
- Full-time student enrolled in the College of Business Administration
- Junior status or senior who studied abroad the prior year
- Available to meet monthly from September to April
- Actively participate and initiate scheduling and communication with mentors
- Attend orientation session and complete application process
- Be willing to learn
How to apply
- Complete the Mentor Program Student Application
- Sign up to attend an orientation workshop. A link to online signup will be posted soon. Dates for orientation workshops are listed in the brochure. Students may turn in completed applications and current (updated) resumes at the orientation meetings.
- Interview: At the orientation sessions, students should sign up to attend an information-gathering interview. Fifteen-minute interviews will be held on Monday, September 28 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Mark your calendar to attend these Mentor Program events:
- Kick-off meeting: Monday, October 12, 5:30 – 7 p.m., AMU Ballrooms (mandatory)
- Mentor Breakfast: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 7:00-9:00 a.m., AMU Lunda Room
- Wrap-up event: Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Union Sports Annex (mandatory)