Are you determining where your passions lie within the business world? Are you interested in building a networking relationship with an experienced business professional?
Co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the College of Business Administration, the Mentor Program is an excellent opportunity for students in the sophomore or junior class to meet one-on-one with an experienced business professional from the Milwaukee or Chicago areas. In 2016-17, more than 300 College of Business Administration students and alumni/supporters participated in this program.
- Mentor Program Brochure
- Mentor Program Application
New for 2017-2018 - This year, the Mentor Program will transition to a 2-year program. There is a 1-year program for juniors and a 2-year program for sophomores.
- Invaluable insight into issues like career choice, interviewing skills and career development
- Inside perspectives into your career goals
- Guidance in your career development
- Development of networking skills
- Full-time student enrolled in the College of Business Administration
- Eligible for 1-year program: Junior students OR seniors who studied abroad for at least a full semester during the 2016-17 school year.
- Eligible for 2-year program: Sophomore students.
- Available to meet monthly from October to April
- Actively initiate scheduling and communication with your mentor to connect at least monthly through phone calls or meetings.
- Demonstrate professionalism within communications and interactions with your mentor
- Attend orientation session and complete application process
- Learn actively through an open mind and openness to feedback
How to apply
- Complete the Mentor Program Student Application
Sophomore application (2-year program)
Junior application (1-year program)
- Attend an orientation workshop.
Junior Orientation Meetings:
Wednesday, Sept. 13, 12:00-12:30 p.m., DS 388Tuesday, Sept. 19, 5:00-5:30 p.m., DS 105Thursday, Sept. 21, 5:00-5:30 p.m., DS 554Monday, Sept. 25: 12:00-12:30 p.m., DS 388
Sophomore Orientation Meetings:
Thursday, Sept. 14, 5:00-5:30 p.m., DS 554Wednesday, Sept. 20, 5:00-5:30 p.m., DS 575Thursday, Sept. 21, 5:00-5:30 p.m., DS 105Monday, Sept. 25: 12:00-12:30 p.m., DS 288
Mark your calendar to attend these Mentor Program events:
- Kick-off meeting: Monday, October 30, 5:30 – 7 p.m., AMU Ballrooms (mandatory)
- Mentor Breakfast: February 13, 2018, 7:00-9:00 a.m., AMU Lunda Room
- End of year Mentor Program celebration: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Union Sports Annex (mandatory)