Are you determining where your passions lie within the business world? Are you interested in building a networking relationship with an experienced business professional?
Co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the College of Business Administration, the Mentor Program is an excellent opportunity for students in the junior class to meet one-on-one with an experienced business professional from the Milwaukee or Chicago areas. In 2011-12, more than 350 College of Business Administration students and alumni/supporters participated in this program.
- Invaluable insight into issues like career choice, interviewing skills and career development
- Inside perspectives into your career goals
- Guidance in your career development
- Development of networking skills
- Full-time student enrolled in the College of Business Administration
- Junior status or senior who studied abroad the prior year
- Available to meet monthly from September to April
- Actively participate and initiate scheduling and communication with mentors
- Attend orientation session and complete application process
- Be willing to learn
How to apply
- Complete the Mentor Program Student Application
- Sign up to attend an orientation meeting. Sign-up sheets are available in the lower level of Straz (by the vending machines). Students may turn in completed applications and current (updated) resumes at the orientation meetings. Orientation meeting times:
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 7, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 10, 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 14, 9:00 - 9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 14, 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Interview: At the orientation sessions, students should sign up to attend an information gathering interview. Fifteen-minute interviews will be held on Thursday, Sept. 20 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Mark your calendar to attend these Mentor Program events:
- Kick-off meeting: Thursday, Oct. 11, 5:30 – 7 p.m., AMU Ballrooms (mandatory)
- Mentor/Protege Breakfast: Wednesday, January 23, 7:15-8:30 a.m., AMU Lunda Room
- Wrap-up event: Monday, April 22, 2013, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Union Sports Annex (mandatory)
2011-12 Mentor Program participating companies
|1492 Capital Management||Fieldglass, Inc.||Northwestern Mutual Life|
|Actuant Corporation||FIS||Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments|
|Akzo Nobel Paints LLC||Fiserv, Inc.||OnCourse Learning|
|Aon Corporation||Gateway||Oronova, Inc|
|Artisan Partners||GE Healthcare||Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd.|
|Assurant Health||General Capital Management, Inc.||Paladin Partners, LLC|
|Asurion||Grubb & Ellis I Apex Commercial||Park Bank|
|Avaya||Hogan Financial Management||Patrick Cudahy, LLC|
|Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP||JF Ahern Co.||Pepperidge Farm|
|Baxter Healthcare||Johnson Controls, Inc.||PricewaterhouseCoopers|
|BMO Global Asset Management U.S.||Johnson Creek Enterprises, LLC||Promontory Point Capital|
|Booz & Company||Joseph Otto & Associates||QuadSystems|
|Brady Corporation||KnockDown Ninja||Racine County Workforce Development Center|
|BrandBlazers, LLC||Kohler Co.||RedPrairie|
|Briggs & Stratton Corporation||Kohls Department Stores||Rexnord Industries|
|Brookdale Senior Living||KPMG||Robert W. Baird & Co.|
|Cent, Inc.||LauberCFOs, Inc||Rockwell Automation|
|CG Schmidt, Inc.||M&I Wealth Management||Seacor Holdings Inc|
|Charter Manufacturing Co.||M&I, a part of BMO Financial Group||Standard Electric Supply Co.|
|Citi Private Bank||M|RED Management||Stark Investments|
|Cleary Gull Inc.||ManpowerGroup||Strattec|
|CNN Strategic Integration Group||Marquette University||Tenth and Blake Beer Company|
|Codeworks||McDonald's Corporation||The Bon Ton Stores, Inc.|
|Cohen Fund Audit Services||Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C.||The PrivateBank|
|Columbia-St.Mary's||MGIC||Town Bank a Wintrust Community Bank|
|Cooper Power Systems||Michael Best & Friedrich LLP||U.S. Bank|
|Crum & Foster||Miller Brewing Company||United Healthcare|
|Deloitte & Touche, LLP||MillerCoors||United Performing Arts Fund|
|Digital Target Marketing||Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club||UnitedHealth Group|
|Direct Supply||Milwaukee Electric Tool||Vrakas/Blum CPAs and Business Advisors|
|Discover Financial Services||New Technology Platforms||We Energies|
|Eichten Marketing Solutions||Northwestern Mutual||WellPoint|
|Ellsworth Adhesives||Northwestern Mutual Financial Network||Wells Fargo Bank|
|Ernst & Young||Northwestern mutual investment services|