Business professionals change careers for various reasons; these include earning a new degree or credential, changing priorities or lifestyle, moving to a new geographical location or downsizing in one’s current business environment. Regardless of the reasons or motivation, career changes require substantial planning. The staff of the Business Career Center is eager to be of assistance.
Below are some steps to help you to begin the process.
- Assess your preferences and passions
- Research new careers
- Identify transferable skills
- Determine the need for additional training or education
- Engage in networking
- Gain experience in a transition job
- Seek informational interviews
- Develop a comprehensive job search strategy
Setup a meeting with the Business Career Center staff
Contact us at (414) 288-7927 or firstname.lastname@example.org