Graduate School of Management
The MSAE program and the Business Career Center help students secure internship opportunities once they have completed their first year of graduate study. Internships afford our students the opportunity to apply the empirical tools learned in the MSAE program in a real-world business setting. Recently, students have interned at MillerCoors Brewing Company, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Johnson Controls, GE Medical, BMO Harris Bank, Kohl’s Corporation, Kohler Company, Associated Bank, Direct Supply, Misix, and Cooper Energy Systems to name a few.
International students may need to apply some of their optional practical training (optional) to be eligible for internships. In the past, a number of internships have met the guidelines for curricular practical training (CPT). Be aware that this is done in conjunction with enrolling in the Internship in Applied Economics course (ECON 6986) that is typically for 1-3 credits. However, the credits DO NOT count toward the 30 credits needed for the MSAE degree.
The placement record of the program has been outstanding. Graduates of the MSAE program typically find employment in the field by the time they graduate or shortly thereafter.
Our graduates are working or have worked in various capacities in the financial services sector, utilities, manufacturing, and in local, state and federal governments, holding positions as Research Analysts, Economists, Marketing Analysts, Marketing Specialists, Research Associates, Sales Analysts, Managers, and Statisticians to name a few.
Placements have included positions at:
- AC Nielsen, Chicago, IL
- American Express, Phoenix, Arizona
- Assurant Health, Milwaukee, WI
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Milwaukee, WI
- Christensen Associates, Madison, WI
- CRU International, Ltd., Milwaukee, WI and London, England
- DDB Matrix, Chicago, IL
- Fannie Mae, Washington, D.C.
- GE Medical, Milwaukee, WI
- GSP Marketing, Chicago, IL
- Hagler Bailly Services, Washington, D.C.
- Harley Davidson, Milwaukee, WI
- Household Credit Services, Salinas, CA
- Information Resources Inc., Chicago, IL
- Investment Company Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Kerry Ingredients, Beloit, WI
- Kohler Co. Kohler, WI
- Kohl’s Corporation, Milwaukee, WI
- Lab Safety Inc., Janesville, WI
- Magnetek, Waukesha, WI
- McKinsey & Co. Toronto, Canada
- MillerCoors Brewing Company, Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL
- Milwaukee County Budget Office, Milwaukee, WI
- Mortgage Guarantee Insurance Corporation, Milwaukee, WI
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America, Washington, D.C.
- Moore Business Forms and Systems Division, Chicago, IL
- New York Life Financial Services, Chicago, IL
- NDC Health Insurance Services, Deerfield, IL and Phoenix, AZ
- Perseco Consulting, Chicago, IL
- Ph.D. programs in economics at various universities
- Power System Engineering, Inc., Madison, WI
- RCG/Hagler, Bailly, Inc., Boulder, CO
- Rockwell Automation, Milwaukee, WI
- Rodale, Inc., Allentown, PA
- Roundy’s, Inc., Milwaukee, WI
- Signature Group, Chicago, IL
- State of Iowa Department Revenue, Des Moines, IA
- State of Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minneapolis, MN
- State of Wisconsin Department of Revenue, Madison, WI
- Swiss Bank, Chicago, IL
- State of New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission, Concord, NH
- Boise-Cascade in Chicago, IL
- U.S. State Department, Foreign Service
- Wells Fargo Advantage Fund, Milwaukee, WI
- Wisconsin Power and Light, Madison, WI