Graduate School of Management
About the Graduate School of Management (GSM)
- Programs available: MBA, Executive MBA, Master of Science (M.S.) in Accounting, MS in Applied Economics, and MS in Human Resources. Joint programs are available with the MBA program and Law, Nursing and Political Science.
- Specializations available: Economics, Finance, Human Resources, International Business, Management Information Systems, Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
- MBA Degree established: 1953 Now offered on campus and in Kohler.
- Executive MBA Program established: 1996
- MS in Accounting established 1997
- MS in Applied Economics established: 1983
- MS in Human Resources established: 1993
- GSM established: July 1, 2006
- Accreditation: AACSB (Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business)
- Memberships: AACSB, Graduate Management Admissions Council (GMAC), Jesuit Education Business Network (JEBNET), Executive MBA Council, and MBA Roundtable.
- Rankings: The EMBA program has been consistently ranked in the top 25 by US News and World Report. More on rankings & recognition...
- Number of full-time faculty: 69
- Number of adjunct or visiting faculty: 36
- Total number of living MBA alumni (as of June 30, 2008): 4,475
- Admissions: Applications for part-time students are accepted on a rolling basis and applications are accepted for an August start, January start, May or July start for most programs.
- Application deadline: For full-time students, ideally one month prior to the start of a term. However, applications will be processed as close to the term as possible. Call the GSM at (414) 288-7145 for details.
- Application fee: $50
Fall 2014 Enrollment Statistics
|Total graduate student enrollment||524|
|MS in Accounting||71|
|MS in Applied Economics||44|
|MS in Human Resources||29|
|Master of Leadership Studies||42|
Fall 2014 new enrollee data
|Number of new enrollees (Fall 2014)||79|
|Part-time (MBA program)||84%|
|Average GMAT score||562|
|Average undergraduate GPA||3.35|
|Average age of students||30|
|Average work experience||6.35 years|
MBA class size information
Teaching methods for the MBA program
- Average time to completion is 34 months (as of Fall 2013)
- 85% of students graduate within 6 years (as of Fall 2013)